Thick Carbon Fiber Plate
Our focus is manufacturing high quality materials that you can count on to perform consistently in high performance applications subject to extreme conditions. All carbon fiber plate you find online is not equal. Material selection and plate manufacturing methods will ultimately determine the material strength and stiffness. We manufacture this plate using high performance materials and high quality manufacturing methods. Backed by years of experience and thousands of hours of research, we remove the guesswork so that you can rest assured you will end up with quality parts at a cost you can afford. These panels have a peel ply finish on one side and a machine ground finish on the other Made in the USA.
Fabric: Carbon Fiber
- Weave: 2x2 Twill
- Standard Thick Plate Density: .052 lb/in3 (1.45g/cc)
- Quasi-Isotropic Thick Plate Density: .055 lb/in3 (1.53g/cc)
- Standard Thick Plate Volume Fraction: 55% Fiber, 45% Epoxy
- Quasi-Isotropic Thick Plate Volume Fraction: 61% Fiber, 39% Epoxy
- Fiber Types: Hyosung H2250 and Toray T700 12k, Hexcel AS4 3k.
- Epoxy: PRO-SET INF-114, INF-213.
- Glass Transition Temperature Tg Onset: 177°F (81°C)
- Stacking Sequence: Standard thick carbon fiber plates are made using woven 2x2 twill carbon fiber fabric with fibers oriented at 0 and 90 degrees, whereas the quasi isotropic thick carbon fiber plates are made using alternating layers of 0/90 and ±45 of woven carbon fiber fabric. All of our panels are symmetric and balanced for superior flatness and predictable mechanical characteristics. Please contact us for specific stacking sequences.
- Panel Length and Width Tolerance: -.06 + .06"
- Thickness Tolerance: -.000"/+.100"
Design Guides and Data SheetsStandard vs. Quasi-Isotropic vs. Uni-Directional Carbon Fiber Plate