Carbon / Kevlar Hybrid Plate
The high performance fabric and epoxy we use to make these panels is sourced from reputable manufacturers. Hillside Composites combines these raw materials using high quality manufacturing methods that produce panels with a high strength to weight ratio and an ultra low void content. Backed by years of experience and thousands of hours of research, we remove the guesswork so that you can rest assured you will end up with quality parts at a cost you can afford. These panels leave the mold with a beautiful high gloss surface on one side and a matte finish on the other side for bonding. Made in the USA.
Fabric: Carbon / Kevlar Hybrid
- Weave: 2x2 Dual Twill (both fiber types run in 0/90 directions.)
- Panel Density: .052 lb/in3 (1.45g/cc)
- Volume Fraction: 55% Fiber, 45% Epoxy by Volume
- Fiber Types: Kevlar 49 and carbon fiber. Kevlar 49 is an exotic super fiber is actually stronger and stiffer than most carbon fiber with a toughness similar to Kevlar. Combining materials such as Zylon and Carbon Fiber result in composite materials with unique and useful physical characteristics.
- Epoxy: PRO-SET INF-114, INF-213.
- Glass Transition Temperature Tg Onset: 177°F (81°C)
Stacking Sequence: These carbon fiber / Kevlar plates are made using woven 2x2 dual twill carbon fiber fabric with fibers oriented at 0 and 90 degrees. All of our panels are symmetric and balanced for superior flatness and predictable mechanical characteristics. Please contact us for specific stacking sequences.
- Panel Length and Width Tolerance: -.06" + .06"
- Thickness Tolerance: 0-.124"THK ±.010", .125"-.375"THK ±.020"
Design Guides and Data SheetsStandard vs. Quasi-Isotropic vs. Uni-Directional Carbon Fiber Plate