High Temp Carbon Fiber Plate
The high performance fabric and epoxy we use to make these panels is sourced from reputable manufacturers. Hillside Composites combines these raw materials using high quality manufacturing methods that produce panels with a high strength to weight ratio and an ultra low void content. Backed by years of experience and thousands of hours of research, we remove the guesswork so that you can rest assured you will end up with quality parts at a cost you can afford. These panels leave the mold with a beautiful high gloss surface on one side and a matte finish on the other side for bonding. Made in the USA.
Fabric: Carbon Fiber
- Weave: 2x2 Twill
- Panel Density: .054 lb/in3 (1.49g/cc)
- Volume Fraction: 55% Fiber, 45% Epoxy
- Fiber Types: Hyosung H2250 12k and Hexcel AS4 3k.
- Epoxy: PTM&W PT5760 For high temperature applications.
- Glass Transition Temperature Tg Onset: 395°F (202°C)
- Stacking Sequence: These high temp carbon fiber plates are made using woven 2x2 twill carbon fiber fabric with fibers oriented at 0 and 90 degrees. All of our panels are symmetric and balanced for superior flatness and predictable mechanical characteristics. Please contact us for specific stacking sequences.
- Panel Length and Width Tolerance: -.06 + .06"
- Thickness Tolerance: 0-.124"THK ±.010", .125"-.375"THK ±.020"
Design Guides and Data SheetsStandard vs. Quasi-Isotropic vs. Uni-Directional Carbon Fiber Plate