Quasi-Isotropic Carbon Fiber Plate
The high performance fabric and epoxy we use to make these panels is sourced from reputable manufacturers. Hillside Composites combines these raw materials using high quality manufacturing methods that produce panels with a high strength to weight ratio and an ultra low void content. Backed by years of experience and thousands of hours of research, we remove the guesswork so that you can rest assured you will end up with quality parts at a cost you can afford. These panels leave the mold with a beautiful high gloss surface on one side and a matte finish on the other side for bonding. Made in the USA.
- Fabric: Carbon Fiber
- Weave: 2x2 Twill
- Panel Density: .055 lb/in3 (1.53g/cc)
- Volume Fraction: 61% Fiber, 39% Epoxy
- Fiber Types: Hyosung H2250 12k, Hexcel AS4 3k, and Toray T700 12k.
- Epoxy: PRO-SET INF-114, INF-213.
- Glass Transition Temperature Tg Onset: 177°F (81°C).
- Stacking Sequence: These quasi isotropic carbon fiber plates are made using alternating layers of 0/90 and ±45 of woven 2x2 twill carbon fiber fabric. All of our panels are symmetric and balanced for superior flatness and predictable mechanical characteristics. Please contact us for specific stacking sequences.
- Panel Length and Width Tolerance: -.06 + .06"
- Thickness Tolerance: 0-.124"THK ±.010", .125"-.375"THK ±.020"
Design Guides and Data SheetsStandard vs. Quasi-Isotropic vs. Uni-Directional Carbon Fiber Plate